Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mailbox by James


Rounded corner at the top, nail embellishments

So James & I have been busy this past week.  He cobbled together a mailbox for us & its adorable!  He always does a good job & he surprises me with the detail.  This time, he placed a little asian trinket at the bottom....actually to cover up a misplaced nail hole but whatever....I love it!

A small trinket from Hong Kong, given to James
by a good friend....finally found good use for it.
Cherry wood, hand rubbed oil finish.  Less that $10 investment, wood from the Rebuilding Center on N. Mississippi Avenue.  Always some jewels to find there.  

Next for James....adding to the existing shelves in the bathroom downstairs, which he built last year with cool industrial wires (photos coming in the future).  On my "James build it for me" list is a cool kitchen table (which would reside in our living room because our rental is so tiny & also.... 'traditional furniture placement, who needs it?')....I hope we can put shelves on the beautiful craft table he built for me last year though I must come up with a stain color I love....I can't make up my mind....

As for my whittling' projects....see the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment