Thursday, November 13, 2014

Beginnings....

Well, I started this blog about 2 years ago, per the request of my best friend Christina; at the time, we were knitting a few projects--it was mostly to be between us because we live far apart; she's in Texas & I was in Alaska, now I'm in Oregon.  If you happen upon this blog & find it useless & boring, well, be forewarned, it wasn't meant to entertain the masses, mostly just she & I but you're welcome to visit.

My hope is that she will post here too, she's super creative, actually uses power tools to make furniture; she's pretty ballsy with what she'll try, she always turns out smelling like a rose.  Impressive.

As for me, I've been busy making babies for the past 2-3 years so this never got going in the first place, but I intend on making some magic happen now...well, magic is a strong description...I'll post my simple projects & aspire to surpass even my former skills.  

I used to sew & create my own patterns obsessively but I decided to pursue a nagging dream I couldn't shake, medicine.  I went to medical school & finally residency so I put my love of sewing on the back burner for a while.  I did take up some other hobbies with my darlin', James, which included brewing beer (though admittedly, that hobby also has been on hold due to parenthood).  I've also ventured into bread making.  

So, in general, this blog will be about lots of endeavors (baking, brewing, sewing, knitting & whatever other messes I can get myself into), all quite simple to begin, with the goal of evolving into more complexity as I learn & get my craft legs back!

No comments:

Post a Comment